Any air purifier could somehow captures dust mites, pet danders, etc. But, that does not seem enough to solve the problem of dust in the air exclusively. That’s why air purifiers for dust removal are increasingly popular these days.
This article is about to introduce you three best air purifiers for dust. Also, we will give you some fundamental guides for choosing any types of air purifiers.
Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- Top-rated Air Purifiers for DustComparison
- Reviews of Best Air Purifiers for Dust Removal
- How to Choose the Best Air Purifier for Dust Removal
- Final Thoughts
Top-rated Air Purifiers for DustComparison
|IQAir HealthPro Plus||Blueair Classic 605||Coway AP-1512HH|
|Country of Origin||Switzerland||Sweden||Korea|
|Technology applied||True HEPA filter|
(developed to HyperHEPA Filter)
(True HEPA filter + Ionizer)
|Area covered||1125 square feet||1000 square feet||361 square feet|
|Smallest size of dust captured||0.003-microns||0.1 microns||0.3 microns|
|Warranty||5 years||5 years||3 years|
|Added value||used for Allergies, Pets, Asthma, Odors, Smoke, or Pollen||used for Allergies, Asthma, Mold Reduction||odor reduction|
Well, so far, you have known what you should consider for buying one best air purifier. Now, here are our three recommended air purifiers for dust to help you find the best one more quickly.
Reviews of Best Air Purifiers for Dust Removal
1. IQAir HealthPro Plus – Best Air Purifier for Dust Removal
|$899 Buy On Amazon|
We call this model the top-class air purifier because it is unbeatable in many aspects.
IQAir HealthPro Plus serves as many purposes as a customer can expect from a high-quality air purifier. For example, it is friendly with people who have allergies, asthma, with pet owners, or with ones who need to tackle smoke or pollen in their houses.
The model has a powerful pre-filter, together with True HEPA filter. As mentioned above, pre-filter helps the main filter last longer, and True HEPA Filter is the highest standard that an air purifier can reach. Isn’t it an ideal air purifier with both quality and durability?
IQAir HealthPro Plus can capture as much as 95% of ultrafine particles (down to 0.003-micron). Among all kinds of air purifiers for dust, this is the model that could handle such small sizes of dust mites.
It also features High CADR – 300 to 776 cfm – for dust. With 5 ACH, IQAir HealthPro Plus is able to remove almost 100% of dust in an area of 1125 square-feet. Therefore, it can be said that IQAir HealthPro Plus can address all of your problems with dust.
Basing on the quality of air in the room, the Smart Sensor of IQAir HealthPro Plus will adjust the air automatically without requiring you to pay attention to it all the time.
The only thing that people may concern to purchase an IQAir HealthPro Plus is that it costs them not a little amount of money. However, for its maximum power, high quality, and durability, it is worth every penny of yours.
2. Blueair Classic 605 – Air Purifier for Dust Removal in Dining Room or Living Room
|$829.99 Buy On Amazon|
Blueair Classic 605 is a product of Blueair. This model applies the technology named HEPASilent filter – the technology combines both True HEPA filter and Ionizer.
As a result, the air purifier has its efficiency maximized. We could not resist the temptation to add it into the list off best air purifiers against dust because it can purify 99.97% of as small as 0.1 micron airborne particles.
With CADR of 500 cfm for dust and 5x ACH, this model guarantees to keep as large as a 1000-square-feet room clean and fresh.
Conveniently, the owner can control Blueair Classic 605 either via Alexa or their smartphones. It also runs a Smart Sensor, which allows you not to have to operate it manually.
However, please be noticed that Blueair Classic 605 could not be quiet as you expect if you let its fan operate at the most powerful mode. As long as you keep it away from your bedroom, it is a good choice for your dining room or living room.
3. Coway AP-1512HH – Best Budget Air Purifier for Dust
|$199 (13% off) Buy On Amazon|
In its process of filtering air, Coway AP-1512HH applies multi-stage air filtration, including a pre-filter, True HEPA filter, an ionizer. Hence, it is capable of capturing 99.97% dust even at 0.3 microns.
This model has the CADR(Clean Air Delivery Rate) for Dust at 246 cfm. Hence, it can cover the room size of 361 square feet.
The feature we love most in this air purifier is that it has Eco Mode, besides Smart Sensory mode.
There are 3 available stages of fan speeds in the model. If within 30 minutes, the auto mode detects no pollution, the fan will stop automatically and the air purifier is set as Eco Mode to consume less energy. Hence, Coway AP-1512HH is among the best air purifiers for energy-saving.
How to Choose the Best Air Purifier for Dust Removal
When buying anything, everyone wants to get the best one. Here, we would like to suggest you some buying guides that work as criteria or checklists to consider your “candidates.” It is useful for buying any type of air purifiers.
Which Problems for an Air Purifier to Solve?
Generally, if the air inside your house is of average quality, you can buy a multi-purpose air purifier or a wallet-friendly one with few worries about particular requirements.
However, things change if you want an air purifier that must satisfy your specific needs as below.
- To be suitable for your allergies;
- To reduce a family member’s asthma;
- To trap hair and dander of your pet;
- To eliminate smoke or odors;
- To get your home clean from dust
Now, here are some basic notes you should remember when choosing suitable air purifiers for such purposes.
- If you have allergies, the most suitable air purifiers for allergies should be True HEPA purifiers.
- If you want an air purifier for asthma reduction, you can opt for the true HEPA purifiers.
- You are tired of pets’ hair and dander, then true HEPA air purifiers should be the critical choices again.
- You want to solve problems related to smoke and odors? Let’s find a charcoal filter or an activated carbon filter because they really work in this case.
You can see that any air purifier can remove dust to some extent. However, if you want an air purifier for dust prevention, you have to aim for many things, including the filter type, the size of your room, size of the purifier, and so on. It is also recommended that customers should use air purifiers with pre-filter.
Now, it’s time for:
1. Understanding Terminologies Regarding Air Purifiers
In the world of air purifiers, at least you should know the terms of ACH and CADR.
- ACH is the Abbreviation of “Air Changes Per Hour.” – The ACH is the indicator telling the number of times per hour that the device can exchange the clean and fresh air within a room. Best air purifiers usually have 4x, 5x or 6x of ACH indicator. For instance, 6x means that in one hour, the device can clean the air in the room six times.
Note: The advertised ACH is usually just at the highest speed of the fan.
- CADR Means “Clean Air Delivery Rate” – CADR reveals the ability of an air purifier to clean the air within a room of a specific size. For instance, an air purifier has a CADR of 500 Dust, together with 500 Smoke and 640 Pollen can cover 700 – 800 square feet.
2. Filter Types
The HEPA filter may be the most common filter among classic Air purifiers. Apart from that, many kinds of filters are suitable for specific needs. We list them all below with some brief explanation.
- Pre-filter – It is of vital importance to the main filter because it helps the main filter last longer by capturing large dusts or pet dander.
- True HEPA Filter. To get HEPA Filter standard, an air purifier must be able to capture at least 99.97% particles with the at the size down to 0.3 microns. Additionally, it must meet other strict regulations of the US Department of Energy. Hence, this is the highest standard for air filter of an air purifier.
- HEPA-type filter is a version with a lower quality than a True HEPA filter.
- Advanced BioGS HEPA Filter is a technology of Rabbit Air, which helps the main True HEPA filter’s life last longer.
- Permanent HEPA Filter is Hamilton Beach’s technology, which cleans HEPA-type filter by vacuum. So the owner doesn’t have to mind replacing their HEPA Filter.
- Activated Carbon Filter – It is also known as Charcoal air filter, which absorbs gases or odorous particles effectively.
- Ionic Filter – Also known as Ionizer, Ionic filter sends out the ions that bond with impurities in the air. Then the contaminants will fall onto the floor or be collected into a plate, depending on whether the device has a collection plate or not.
- The Ultra Violet type C light sterilizes bacteria and virus to destroy them.
3. Size of the Air Purifier
The size is also an essential criterion you should know when choosing an air purifier. Firstly, you should ensure to have enough space for an air purifier. Secondly, you should check whether your air purifier can cover your room well (remember to check its CADR, please). Otherwise, you know what the consequences will be, don’t you?
So far, we have reviewed three best air purifiers for dust in 2021. Overall, we recommend IQAir HealthPro Plus as the best choice because it remove even smallest dust mites for your freshest air.
Before that, we provided you with some criteria you can use to check if your “candidates” fit your need.
There may be many more things you need to know. However, the informations we summarized in this article are the most fundamental ones. We hope that it will be much easier for you to choose the right air purifier you need.
Please share this article if you find it useful. Thank you very much.