If the humidity in your home or car is exceeding, not only the walls and ceilings are prone to become damp and mold, but also you are likely to be unhealthy.
In some climatic zones, even the most well-ventilated houses might encounter similar issues, too.
But a single dehumidifier can be an effective solution!
Here we have compiled and reviewed the top 12 best dehumidifiers that have the highest-performance in specific cases. So, let’s read our guide carefully, and you will surely find out the most suitable choice for your own situations.
Here we go!
Table of Contents
- Quick Comparison Table
- Here are the Best Dehumidifiers:
- 1. Vremi 30-pint Home Dehumidifier – The Best Overall
- 2. Keystone KSTAD50B – The Best 50 Pint Dehumidifier
- 3. Keystone KSTAD70C – The Best 70 Pint Dehumidifier
- 4. AlorAir Sentinel HD55 – The Best Crawl Space Dehumidifier
- 5. Frigidaire FAD301NWD – The Best Dehumidifier for Bathroom
- 6. hOmeLabs HME020031N – The Best Dehumidifier for Basement
- 7. Afloia model 8541833226 – The Best Dehumidifier for Rv
- 8. Inofia YDA-828E – The Best Whole House Dehumidifier
- 9. Honati 1000ml – The Best Gun Safe Dehumidifier
- 10. TOSOT model GDN30AZ-A3EBA2C – The Best Dehumidifier with Pump
- 11. yaufey 30 Pint – The Best Dehumidifier for Bedroom
- 12. Honati Portable 2000ml – The Best Small Dehumidifier
- What To Consider When Buying A Dehumidifier
- Top 6 Brands For Dehumidifiers Are Ruling The Roost
- Maintenance Guide
- When am I in need of a dehumidifier?
- What are the benefits of a dehumidifier?
- Do dehumidifiers operate continuously?
- What is the meaning of a dehumidifier’s capacity?
- Which model costs least to run?
- I hear that dehumidifiers might heat up their adjacent area. Is this right?
- What should I use for a massive space? A whole-house dehumidifier or a number of small units?
- Are dehumidifiers quiet?
- What differentiates a dehumidifier with a pump and one without a pump?
- How wide is the area that a 70-pint dehumidifier can take effect on?
- How do dehumidifiers work?
- What is the ideal humidity setting?
- What is the coldest temperature a dehumidifier can be active in?
- Where should I place my dehumidifier?
- Wrapping Up
Quick Comparison Table
Before we jump into our comprehensive reviews and other parts of the article, let’s take a quick look at this comparison chart to see what we have for you today.
|Product name||Capacity||Coverage Area||Water Tank Size||Our Rating|
|Inofia YDA-828E||70 pints||4000 sq. ft.||0.92 gallons||4.5/5|
|Keystone KSTAD50B||50 pints||3000 sq. ft.||0.8 gallons||4/5|
|Keystone KSTAD70C||70 pints||4500 sq. ft.||1.6 gallons||4.5/5|
|AlorAir Sentinel HD55||55 pints||1300 sq. ft.||No tank||4/5|
|Frigidaire FAD301NWD||30 pints||1400 sq. ft.||1.8 gallons||4/5|
|hOmeLabs HME020031N||50 pints||4500 sq. ft.||1.8 gallons||4.5/5|
|Afloia 8541833226||1.6 pints||269 sq. ft.||0.5 gallon||4.5/5|
|Vremi 30-pint||30 pints||1500 sq. ft.||1 gallon||4.8/5|
|Honati 1000ml||1.6 pints||269 sq. ft.||0.27 gallon||4.8/5|
|TOSOT GDN30AZ-A3EBA2C||30 pints||1500 sq. ft.||0.8 gallon||4.5/5|
|yaufey 30 Pint||30 pints||1500 sq. ft.||0.48 gallon||4.5/5|
|Honati 2000ml||1.6 pints||269 sq. ft.||0.52 gallon||4.5/5|
As you can see very clearly from the above table, all of our recommendations get very impressive scores and specifications. Now, we should analyze them to know what is best in specific aspects.
Here are the Best Dehumidifiers:
1. Vremi 30-pint Home Dehumidifier – The Best Overall
There is no model better than this Vremi dehumidifier for not only repealing excessive dampness but also killing bacteria and allergens.
The 30-pint capacity allows users to extract up to 4 gallons of water from the air into its 1-gallon reservoir every day. You can choose either “1500 sq. ft.” or “4500 sq.ft.” model to protect several rooms or your whole house perfectly.
As a bonus, using this device is easy as pie with all the operating buttons next to the screen on its top.
Just press the turbo mode button, and the machine will reduce the humidity and bad odors dramatically in minutes. Indeed, it can also remove nasty smells coming from your warehouse, basement, or attic.
The LED light will alert you when the water container is full and needs emptying. And the filter is detachable and easy to clean, too.
There is nothing to worry about the operational cost because the equipment is Energy Star rated.
Believe us! This is the best dehumidifier because saying goodbye to mold, mildew, dust mites, and bacterias has never been so easy!
Although it may produce some noise, this is not noticeable. Also, the price is quite budget-friendly, and the design is mobile, so it is always among the top rated dehumidifiers for anybody.
- Energy Star certified
- Feature Turbo mode
- Feature 1-year warranty
- Drain access
- A bit noisy
2. Keystone KSTAD50B – The Best 50 Pint Dehumidifier
The above model is nearly perfect, but if 30 pints is not enough, you might need the best 50 pint dehumidifier.
To dry out your room quickly, what you need to do is merely plugging this Keystone model KSTAD50B into an electrical outlet then switch it on.
The plain control panel enables users to select any necessary options and relieve the dampness to your desired level.
The three settings – normal, auto-defrost, and turbo, give you a lot of choices and convenience to dehydrate from the air within a generous space of 3,000 square feet.
Particularly, the auto-defrost function is very handy in areas with cold climates because the machine can work continuously without having to wait for the temperature to go up or waste energy on an extra heater.
Furthermore, you will know when you need to empty the full water tank by viewing the tiny window on the front face of the device.
Although you usually have to empty the reservoir only once a day, you can also utilize the continuous drain feature by installing the pump and hose for even more convenience.
Additionally, you can enjoy the auto-start function, 24-hour timer, clean-filter warning.
Unfortunately, many customers have reported that this dehumidifier broke down faster than they had expected, which is quite a significant disadvantage.
- Take effect very quickly
- Come with many automatic features
- Easy to use and maintain
- One-year warranty
- Not so durable
3. Keystone KSTAD70C – The Best 70 Pint Dehumidifier
You have tried out several 50-pint models, but they still seem insufficient? Don’t worry because the best 70 pint dehumidifier is here! It is an excellent dehumidifier that will save you a lot of time and money.
This energy-efficient device has a 1.6-gallon water container, so you will have to spend little money on running and little time to empty the tank.
Just by a single touch, you can get the touch control panel to serve with all the features available over an area of 4500 square feet in seconds.
What’s more, its LED display and 8 indicator lights enable users to know what settings are being used and how the humidity is being handled.
The automatic features include the auto-defrost, auto-shutdown function, restart, and 24-hour timer. It is possible that the device can still work well without your supervision.
Owing to the transparent water tank window, you can keep an eye on the water level inside effortlessly.
With the product dimensions of 10.8 x 15.4 x 23.2 inches and 40-pound weight, it is not too hard to move it from one room to another.
- High capacity of 70 pints on a 4500-square-foot area.
- Electronic controls with touch LED display and light indicators.
- There are three settings: normal, turbo, and auto-defrost.
- Massive reservoir and a transparent water level indicator.
- The continuous drain function does not work well.
- The device might vibrate and become noisy.
4. AlorAir Sentinel HD55 – The Best Crawl Space Dehumidifier
Pay attention to this best crawl space dehumidifier since it is a high-end product.
One thing you need to consider is that it will cost you an arm and a leg if you do not have a big budget. Sadly, it is excellent, but if you cannot afford to pay nearly $1000 for a moisture removing machine, forget about it.
So are you curious why this is so expensive? Let us show you what this luxurious appliance has to offer.
To start with, it has CE, ETL approved, and comes with a protected invention patent. It is applicable in a long list of places such as crawl spaces, warehouses, shops, basements, offices, restaurants, factories, condos, bars, even museums, and so on.
Wherever corrosion and mildew show up, it can also save that place from degrading. At the AHAM condition, there are various models that can remove from 55 to 120 pints per day in the space of from 1,300 square feet to the double of that.
Nonetheless, strong as it is, this dehumidifier will not make your family’s electricity bill escalate too high.
There are enough features for any fastidious users living in any area and house’s structure. The most remarkable ones that we can talk about are C-ETL, basement applications, the innovative Remote control and HGV Defrosting system, G3 filter, Epoxy coating, Low-temperature operation, and many more.
It might look complicated with a number of features, but you can totally assemble every part from the connection point to the side sliding filter at ease by yourself.
Last but not least, with the fabulous 5-year warranty and professional after-sales-service teams, you can rely on the quality of the product and have nothing to worry about.
- Easy to use and install
- Offer a wide range of feature
- 5-year warrant
- Good customer service
- Insanely expensive
5. Frigidaire FAD301NWD – The Best Dehumidifier for Bathroom
This Frigidaire dehumidifying appliance is multipurpose and straightforward to use.
It can safeguard your apartment from mildew germination, dust, and other harmful pathogens to purify the air and keep your respiratory system healthy with the antibacterial mesh filter.
Whenever you meet trouble with dampness, you can depend on it at any time of the year.
Additionally, it will shut down automatically when the water bucket is full, and you will know that you have to empty the container. Otherwise, you can install a hose to utilize the continuous drain feature.
For transportation and storage, you can easily grab the handles and move it to anywhere on the wheels.
As a solution for small and medium spaces, this 30-pint dehumidifier is cheap to purchase and run on. However, if you want to dehumidify in a larger area, you should opt for a bigger model.
You should also be aware that the device might become noisier when the water tank is empty. It will become gradually quieter as the water in the reservoir increases. But it also reminds you not to put it in the bedrooms when it is still tumultuous.
In short, we assess it to be the best dehumidifier for bathroom.
- The water container is easy to remove and empty
- Designed to be portable
- Have a continuous drain feature
- Energy Star certified
- It may generate loud noise when the reservoir is empty
- Only suitable for narrow spaces
6. hOmeLabs HME020031N – The Best Dehumidifier for Basement
Throughout a number of tests, we found that this hOmeLabs 70-pint dehumidifier model HME020031N is the best dehumidifier for basement with a covered space from 1500 to 4500 square feet.
Its heavy-duty 1.8-gallon container takes a long time to become full so that you won’t have to empty it frequently.
Because of the 15 x 11 x 24-inch dimensions and a 40-pound weight in combination with 4 caster wheels and handles, you can move it to different positions without effort.
Like many modern devices, this equipment offers a touch control panel and various automatic features to save you time and effort. You will have nothing much to do with your home’s humidity issues as the appliance can turn itself down and activate the defrost function when it is getting colder.
With the 24-hour timer, it is easy for you to select the time when the device will perform and stop. Plus, you can keep the humidity in your house at the level of from 35% to 85%. This range is sufficient for you to achieve comfort as your preference.
In spite of its defrost feature available, the dehumidifier can reach the maximum effectiveness in the range between 41 and 95 degrees Fahrenheit. That said, the auto-defrost is not too robust.
What if there is an electricity cutout? There is no need to be nervous because the auto-restart function will enable the device again without your appearance.
- Come with a 2-year warranty
- Many useful automatic features
- Support mobility
- Big water tank
- The auto-defrost function is weak
- Loud motor
- Poor customer support
Read more: Top-rated Dehumidifiers for Basement of 2020
7. Afloia model 8541833226 – The Best Dehumidifier for Rv
Is the air in your RV damp and suffocating? Yes, apart from the best home dehumidifier, we also include the best dehumidifier for RV in this list.
This Afloia dehumidifier model 8541833226 can absorb approx 1.6 pints of moisture in a 270-square-foot area per day and keep that amount of water in its 0.5-gallon container.
Wonderfully, this dehumidifier can alleviate all the annoying humidity, bacterias, germs, mold, and mildew silently in the background without whoring any attention.
While an RV is prone to be noisier than a normal house already, the device’s Ultra-quiet Peltier technology will be a great bonus.
Furthermore, you will also love this product’s modest size of 9.1 x 6 x 15.8 inches and low weight of 5.7 pounds. Even your kids can help you move it!
Finally, the removable and easy-to-clean filter and auto-shutdown function will not make it difficult for you to use the item.
Despite its lack of high-quality construction, this is still a good choice for the low price in comparison with the value it brings about.
- Clear out not only dampness but also germs and bacterias
- Quick one-button operation
- Super convenient and compact
- Very affordable
- Not so powerful.
- Wear out quickly
8. Inofia YDA-828E – The Best Whole House Dehumidifier
Apart from dehumidifying humid air, this dehumidifier is also great for its Laundry mode, which can dry your clothing in minutes.
Owing to the huge capacity of 70 pints per day over a 4000-ft area, Inofia YDA-828E is really a savior for your whole house during cold and damp winter months.
Once you press the start button, you can select between two options – automatic or manual. In fact, this only affects how you drain the water container.
If you have a hose to install, use the automatic draining feature is very convenient. But if not, you can empty the tank by yourself. Anyway, the 7.4-pint water reservoir is big enough for you to save time emptying it as it takes a very long time to overflow.
What we like most are two different speed settings and the adjustable louvers that help to redirect the airflow of the vents. These features make it much more user-friendly in comparison to most models.
For standard convenience, this equipment also provides a 24-hour timer, caster wheels, and side handles like the majority of dehumidifiers.
- There are a laundry mode and a 24-hour timer.
- Users can choose between two speed and drainage settings.
- Adjustable louvers.
- The auto-defrost function works well.
- High noise level.
- It does not come with an user manual.
9. Honati 1000ml – The Best Gun Safe Dehumidifier
It is a rule of thumb that guns and bullets require a dry and cool space to remain in good condition. Hence, to protect your arsenal as well as yourself, you need a mini dehumidifier to fit a gun safe.
Here it is!
With the ergonomic design of 14.6 x 8.6 x 8.6 inches in size and 5.95 pounds in weight, this product can remove up to 1.6 pints of moisture a day and store the water in its 1000-ml removable water container.
In addition, the 45w Low Power is adequate for a safe without wasting too much energy.
Anyone can learn how to use its one-button launch, convenient operation panel, adjustable mode buttons, indicator lights immediately with or even without the given instructions.
When you do not use it to preserve your guns and bullets, you can take it out of the gun safe to both dehumidify and purify the air in a small space, too.
It is quite a bargain to invest in such a fantastic 2-in-1 device, and you will wish that you had known about it sooner.
No wonder why all customers rate it 4.8/5 for its outstanding characteristics such as ease of use, value for money, maneuverability, and tranquility.
- Super compact
- Cost little energy
- Versatile and quiet
- Purify air quite well
- Low capacity
10. TOSOT model GDN30AZ-A3EBA2C – The Best Dehumidifier with Pump
When the dampness in your house gets out of your control, just order this 30-pint dehumidifier to your home and let it do the rest for you day by day.
With its coverage of 1500 square feet and silent motor at 44 decibels, you can put the appliance in any room, even your bedroom while you are sleeping.
Along with 6 buttons is a digital screen that ensures you can always choose a preferable option at ease as well as utilize the timer.
As we are reviewing the best dehumidifier with pump, the continuous drain feature is, of course, included, and you might scarcely need to care about the 8-pint drainage bucket, its anti-spill baffles, swivel handles or the see-through waterline window.
The compressor fan and the filter are detachable and easy to clean with a little soapy warm water. Then, everything will look and work like new again!
Approved by UL and certified by Energy Star, the machine runs on little power to keep the humidity level between 35% and 80% in the operating temperature range from 40 to 90°F.
In addition to the timer with 2-hour and 4-hour settings, this dehumidifier provides you with a 3-speed fan and auto-defrost feature.
Also, the sturdy plastic body reduces the weight to roughly 33 pounds to move smoothly on the caster wheels.
- Multiple handy features
- Operate quietly
- Come with continuous drain feature
- Transparent water level gauge
- Not work well in larger spaces
Read more: Top-rated Dehumidifiers with Pump of 2020
11. yaufey 30 Pint – The Best Dehumidifier for Bedroom
As we tested, this little Yaufey 30-pint dehumidifier is the best dehumidifier for bedroom with a covered space of 1500 square feet. It comes with top handles and four caster wheels so that users can move it around in the room conveniently.
At the capacity of 30 pints per day and the integrated continuous drainage port, you can leave it to work while you are sleeping comfortably all night long.
Or else, the auto-shutdown feature can also turn it off automatically to prevent the water bucket from spilling. But it will waste the 2-meter long drain hose included in the package.
Anyway, it is unnecessary for you to wake up at midnight to empty the water container but can still breath in the dry and fresh air.
Of course, regarding an electronic device for bedrooms, you cannot help talking about its quiet operation. Compared with other opponents in the same niche market, this is almost absolutely soundless so that it won’t spoil your peaceful sleep.
Besides the removable and washable filters, everything else is easy with its touch smart control panel.
For anyone who is hesitating, the yaufey brand offers a 30-days refund warranty, 12-month zero-cost replacements, and lifetime support.
If you meet trouble with the product, just email the company, and you will receive their reply within 12 hours to tackle the issues.
- Simple to use
- Easily portable
- 30-day refund guarantee, 12-month zero-cost replacements
- Good customer support
- Small water tank size
- Low capacity
12. Honati Portable 2000ml – The Best Small Dehumidifier
After all, the last product on our list is the best small dehumidifier.
Given the fact that you are seeking the best small dehumidifier, you demand energy-efficiency, space-saving, and quiet operation rather than top-notch performance. And your preference is what we found in this model.
If your existing moisture extracting device is producing too much noise, you had better turn to this restful appliance. Its noise level is so low that you can freely read books, watch TV, study, or even sleep without distraction.
Just with a touch of a button, 750ml of humidity will be removed from your home daily. Of course, as you require, it will not consume a massive deal of electricity to run on and can only affect a moderate area (100 to 269 square feet).
Unluckily, like other cheap mini models, this one is unlikely to last longer and perform better than your expectations. It can meet your minimum requirements but nothing further.
Anyway, there is no doubt that this mini-size portable dehumidifying machine will always be an awesome companion with you, whether you are in the bedroom, bathroom, living room, or your RV.
What are you waiting for? A little sum can be enough to save your family and all items in the house from extreme moisture and its terrible consequences!
- Simple to us
- Small capacity
- Low performance
Read more: Top-rated Small Dehumidifier of 2020
What To Consider When Buying A Dehumidifier
When it comes to moisture removing equipment, there is nothing called “one size fits all”. Thus, like most of the electronic household devices, dehumidifiers come in various shapes, sizes, styles, and functions.
As you research the market, you can find out that even dehumidifiers of the same size and type might deliver very different performances.
Consequently, there are a few things that you need to consider very carefully before buying dehumidifiers.
Let us give you some clues on how to pick the right dehumidifier with the following detailed dehumidifier buying guide.
1. Ways of operation
Today, the three most popular kinds of dehumidifiers are desiccant, thermo-electric, and compressor.
While the first two types have a certain impact, they take effect very slowly and are unfit for a majority of homes. Fortunately, the last one is the most effective and most widely sold.
Besides, there are some other uncommon types that you do not need to care much. For instance, there are refrigerant-based dehumidifiers that blow the moist air over a frigid surface to turn it into condensation dripping via a drain hose or into a bucket.
2. Size and capacity
Apart from the three most common types of dehumidifiers, you will need to look at their three fundamental sizes. Depending on your preferences and uses, you can choose:
- Mini portable dehumidifiers – designed for limited spaces like bathrooms, baby rooms, laundry rooms, and small bedrooms (roughly smaller than under 500 sq. ft.).You can put them on your nightstand or a table, in a gun safe, or anywhere else.These often feature a single button for operations and tiny water reservoirs that require frequent emptying.
- Larger mobile dehumidifiers – quite similar to the first type but a bit bigger in size and capacity.They can remove a greater deal of humidity from the air daily and offer many more features and controls.They are mobile and easy to be moved from room to room thanks to their not-so-big sizes as well as casters and handles system.
- Whole-house dehumidifiers – these models are a bit massive and require a lot of effort to move.Although people often think of a whole-house dehumidifier as a commercial dehumidifier, it can be used in a household, too.They are connected to the available furnace duct systems and remove moisture in all places in your home.Unlike the first two, these have a complex setup and are difficult to change position, especially some units are designed to hang on your attic’s beams.
However, bear in mind that every model has its own distinctive designs and appropriate positions, so it is essential to analyze your house’s structure and your uses before you spend a big sum on a humidifier.
3. Calculate the right number of pint
As you see, each dehumidifier comes with a different number of pint capacity. Therefore, you will want to know how many pints are ideal for your house or car in your local climate.
Here, we have worked hard and compiled a standard table that you can consult to calculate the right number of pints in different cases.
Here it is!
|Condition Prior to Dehumidifying||500 sq. ft.||1000 sq. ft.||1500 sq. ft||2000 sq. ft||2500 sq. ft|
|Rather high dampness (musty smell)||10 pints||14 pints||18 pints||22 pints||26 pints|
|Very high dampness (musty smell & damp spots)||12 pints||17 pints||22 pints||27 pints||32 pints|
|Wet (sweating walls & feel wet)||14 pints||20 pints||26 pints||32 pints||38 pints|
|Extreme humidity (wet floors)||16 pints||23 pints||30 pints||32 pints||44 pints|
Nonetheless, a very apparent issue here is that our moisture removing equipment does not offer the exact pint capacities in the above table. (They are usually 30, 50, and 70-pint models with several non-compliances to our rule.)
Another point is that the table was theoretically built throughout tests with ideal conditions instead of 100% actual conditions. Therefore, it might not be absolutely correct in some cases.
Finally, the table still lacks specs related to the number of cubic feet a dehumidifier fan can pull in per minute. This factor is critical, and the lack of it is likely to make the results incorrect.
In short, as we said, you must know that this standard table is quite subjective, and you should only consult but not completely rely on it. To think out more realistic ideas, you can combine the above chart with the following rules:
- Your home is in a humid-climate zone – add 10 pints
- There are often more than two people in the same room – add 5 pints
- There are a number of windows and doors or other means of ventilation in the room – add 5 pints
- If you put your dehumidifier near a washer & dryer – add 5 pints
4. Extra features
Added features may not be the foremost factors, but you should neither overlook them. There are a lot of features that are necessary for a specific group of users.
Below are the most notable features that you are likely to want your dehumidifier to have. Let’s see and find out what you need.
- Automatic features – these might consist of start, pause, resume, shutdown, restart, defrost, and self-clean automatically,… They are very useful as you cannot always have time to adjust to the proper setting or maintain the machine.In this way, your device can not only perform better but also stay with you longer.Also, a timer can save both your time and energy.
- Drain system – Many people may feel continuous emptying the water bucket is a tiring task. If your dehumidifier can constantly drain via your garden hose, your burden will disappear. Besides, an internal pump is advantageous yet optional.
- Power – Whether your dehumidifier requires plugging in an electricity source or runs on batteries, you need to examine how many watts it consumes per active hour.Since the chances are that you will turn it on frequently, energy-saving is very vital.
- Adjustable Humidistat: This function enables users to enjoy their desirable dampness level. Your dehumidifier will switch itself off when the moisture level in the room reaches the pre-set level.
- Built-in Hygrometer: Without this, you cannot know exactly how damp your room is and hardly optimize the dampness removal process.
- Indicator lights – you will want these little things to show you the status of the water tank, filters, and other features.
- Fan speed – One setting is insufficient. You might need multiple fan speeds at different times.
- Filter – A detachable and washable filter is what you desire.
It goes without saying that the longer and wider the warranty policy covers, the better a product is.
Indeed, the best dehumidifier brand always provides a preeminent warranty policy.
Inspect what parts of your dehumidifier are guaranteed, and what is not, how long they are covered, whether you can get a 100% refund or partial refund, etc.
These not only specify the quality of the machine but also save you from the hassles later if you are unsatisfied with the item.
Don’t buy things that are too expensive for you. Calculate your budget, find out a suitable price range, and merely look for products in that range.
Sometimes, these moisture removing devices become cheaper in particular seasons and zones and vice versa. For example, it is common that a dehumidifier may have a much lower price in a region with a dry climate all year round.
Hence, try to hunt a bargain because dehumidifiers tend to be quite pricey.
When it comes to shopping, reading reviews of previous buyers and professionals is very helpful.
Positive reviews are even of more concern since these electronic devices can cost you a lot, and it is difficult to find out a suitable model.
You should consult opinions from as many sources as possible because they will let you know better which choice you should invest in.
Nonetheless, try to seek honest and objective dehumidifier reviews because not all reviews are reliable. Besides, don’t just go for the best rated dehumidifier instead of the most suitable one for you.
Top 6 Brands For Dehumidifiers Are Ruling The Roost
Yaufey is an eCommerce retailer that sells a massive number of home equipment.
Operating on the online platform, Yaufey has an intuitive UI, provides quick delivery service and premier customer service.
Among the core values that the brand aims to achieve, it focuses mainly on improving the home life quality of customers around the world.
You can easily find Yaufey dehumidifiers among the top-rated dehumidifiers of all time.
The AlorAir company operates with the philosophy of delivering top-notch value, performance, features as well as exceptional customer service.
Thanks to the state-of-art facility, the brand produces excellent products that are present all over the world from Europe, Australia, to Asia.
Apart from different capacities and styles, their dehumidifiers also come in not only horizontal but also vertical orientations. Moreover, their world-class features (e.g., digital control, easy access, plug n- play components, integrated condensate pump), ease of use, and effortless maintenance are what you will appreciate at them.
Most importantly, their products are certified CE, ETL, SAA, TUV, and SGS.
Started as a kitchenware brand, Vremi has quickly expanded their products to cover all rooms in your home.
The brand manufactures its products in many foreign countries to deliver preeminent products from state of the art and superior facilities at a remarkably reasonable price.
Like other household devices labeled Vremi, its dehumidifiers are practical and excellent yet still affordable.
Incorporated in 2016, hOmeLabs is just a young but competitive brand. To achieve the ambitious core value and move forward in the market, the company always works hard and upgrade their products.
It concentrates on up-to-date and thoughtful essentials for better human life. Thus, all of their dehumidifiers are designed to run for you with or even without you.
Premier quality, affordable price, and good warranty all make your peace of mind easy as a piece of cake.
Frigidaire is one of the famous consumer and commercial household appliances brands in the US.
Founded in 1916 and going through a lot of changes, today, it is the subsidiary of the well-known Electrolux in Europe.
With more than 100-year experience in producing home devices and built on trusted quality, Frigidaire delivers a wide array of world-class dehumidifiers in all capacities.
You can find the popularity of their products in any supermarket and the positive reviews about them on forums.
If you don’t know, TOSOT is the abbreviated phrase of Technology, Outstanding, Style, Originality, and Trust.
First introduced in 2003 and run internationally by Gree Electric Appliances, Inc. of Zhuhai China, TOSOT Corporation has been distributing hundreds of millions of home appliances to many countries in the world such as China, Brazil, Pakistan, Russia, Canada, and so on.
Owing to the great nets of research institutions and laboratories with the staff of professionals all over the world, TOSOT dehumidifiers always evolve and meet the requirements of their customers.
Unless your dehumidifier works properly and efficiently, both your health and your house might be badly affected.
Also, isn’t it ironic when you have wasted a lot of money and effort to possess the best dehumidifiers for nothing?
Don’t worry. Stick to our preventive guide, and you can improve the longevity and efficiency of your dehumidifying machines dramatically.
And here are the 8 simple tips to maintain the excellency of your dehumidifier!
- Leave no chance for ventilation in rooms where your dehumidifiers are active (close doors, windows, turn off ventilation equipment, etc.).As the weather outside generates high humidity, bring the outdoor air into your home will force your dehumidifier to run continuously from day to day.Therefore, block the outdoor air from getting indoor will alleviate the invasion of steam, thus ease the burden and prolong the lifespan of your device.
- Put the dehumidifier in an advantageous position to facilitate air circulation in and out of the device.If you position the appliance against the wall or surround it with furniture, it might struggle or even fail to work efficiently.Instead, you ought to allow a minimum free space of 12 inches around its air vents for good air circulation.
- Merely turn your dehumidifier on when the moisture level is higher than 50%.Do you find any point in running a dehumidifier when the dampness level is low?It not only forces the appliance to overwork but also costs you an unnecessarily huge amount of energy.You can view the humidistat built into the device or an independent humidistat reader to know how damp the air is.
- Replace or clean your dehumidifier’s filter annually.This is to alleviate the accumulation and growth of dust, mold, and mildew in the filter that can make your dehumidifier less effective.You can also ask for some advice from the manufacturer or the provided user manual to know the correct steps of maintaining or replacing the filter.|
- Clean the coils annually.It is common that the air blowing through the coils brings with it a certain quantity of dust or even fungal spores into the machine, and they might decrease the performance of your dehumidifier.Therefore, you need to clean these coils at least once per year.Remember to switch off the device and unplug it from any electricity source before you clean the coils.To clean the coils, you can use a spray bottle to mist the coils and wipe the grime down with a soft rag or utilize a vacuum to pull out the dirt.
- Inspect the coils for frost when the room air is in low temperatures.The temperature in the room does not need to be too cold for frost to build up inside the coils.If the temperature in your house or office falls below 18.33 degrees Celsius (equal to 65 degrees Fahrenheit), there might be frost in the coils.If you have no remedy on frost, your dehumidifier can hardly work smoothly.One solution is turning the device off completely and wait for the frost to thaw and use the equipment again only when the temperature goes up.
- Clean the water tank whenever necessary.The water resulting from the steam condensation is prone to be stale and moldy, which harms your dehumidifier significantly.
- Never turn the machine back on within 10 minutes since its last turn off.This is to equalize the pressure inside your dehumidifier wholly, which is proved to extend its longevity.
We know you are having numerous questions on this topic. Here, we will solve them one by one with the correct answers for up to 14 frequently asked questions on dehumidifiers on the biggest forums.
Let’s check to see what you are curious about can be solved right here!
When am I in need of a dehumidifier?
Wherever your family is living, you will need the help of moisture removing devices if the following things appear in your home:
- Mold spores – These are tiny dark spots that regularly show up in extremely damp areas like a basement or a bathroom.
- Obnoxious odors – Fungal growth spores developing in humid areas often look like a thin white coat and emit disgusting smells.
- Water stains – They ordinarily occur on wooden surfaces, particularly in moist areas. They can wear away your wooden items quickly.
- Poor ventilation – If your house is not well-ventilated, there should be a dehumidifier to facilitate air flowing and control moisture.
- Water condensation (especially on glass surfaces) – If there are water drops condensing on surfaces in your home (the most common are mirrors or glass windows), the chances are that people and items in your house are harmed by immoderate dampness.
Above are solely the most typical signs warning about the need for a dehumidifier. Thus, you can also rely on other things or buy a dehumidifier just because it makes you breath more comfortable and fresh air.
What are the benefits of a dehumidifier?
You can benefit a lot from a dehumidifier, but below are the most remarkable advantages:
- First of all, these appliances lessen the moisture level, which can prevent mold, mildew, dust mites on your furniture, walls, and your clothes. The list goes on.
- Dehumidifiers get rid of uncomfortable smells that are associated with mildew and mold in the house.
- Dehumidifiers ensure your family members healthy, specifically children. Low humidity means less irritation and allergy happening to your body (usually skin and respiratory system). It is quite apparent that you can breathe much more comfortably.
- Clothing dries out more quickly while foods get stale more slowly. Most importantly, there would be no sign of corrosion or rust on metal items, tools, and devices, etc.
- Dehumidifiers also vacuum a certain amount of dust in your house so it will be cleaner and you will spend less time cleaning.
- A dehumidifier aids your air conditioner effectively. Although you might not need to turn on both of them at the same time, doing so will double the effectiveness and ease the burden of each device.
Do dehumidifiers operate continuously?
No. Dehumidifiers will automatically shut off when the humidity level meets the settings or/and the water tank is full.
They will only work again when the humidity level exceeds the settings (you can lower the settings) and when you empty the water tank.
Some models with a continuous drain feature can work constantly, but they should also stop at the point where your wanted humidity level is met.
What is the meaning of a dehumidifier’s capacity?
Manufacturers and consumers rate a dehumidifier by the maximum quantity of moisture it can remove from the air in every 24-hour cycle.
For instance, a 50-pint dehumidifier is able to get rid of 40 pints of water from the air in 24 hours.
However, a 70-pint unit may just feature a 30-pint water bucket, and you need to empty the container by hand to maximize the device’s capacity.
Some models come with a direct drain feature, which can constantly drain the water inside the tank into a drain.
Which model costs least to run?
The first thing we can refer to is “Energy Star” rated models. The Energy Star is an international rating that only energy-efficient electronic devices can receive.
Besides, don’t buy an undersized or oversized dehumidifier. Both are prone to cost unnecessarily too much energy to run.
I hear that dehumidifiers might heat up their adjacent area. Is this right?
Yes, it is true. Dehumidifiers would increase the temperature in their ambient environment.
In fact, the higher the temperature around your dehumidifier is, the more moisture it can remove from the air.
Depending on the device’s size and capacity as well as the width of that area, the amount of heat produced will fluctuate a lot.
In narrow spaces, a dehumidifier might increase the temperature in the adjacent areas up to 8 degrees.
On the contrary, in case the weather is too cold, your dehumidifier is likely to stop working.
Thereby, if you are planning to dehumidify a cold basement without any heating equipment, you need to check the dehumidifier you intend to buy. Its specifications will give you some information about operating parameters.
What should I use for a massive space? A whole-house dehumidifier or a number of small units?
In spite of their great advertised performance, the actual effect of dehumidifiers is determined by the airflow in their operative areas. For example, even a whole-house model cannot dehumidify half of your home unless the air can travel smoothly from room to room.
Under such circumstances, you will need to turn on fans in your house (ceiling fans are the best) to facilitate the air to travel among rooms and to the dehumidifier.
Or else, you can buy multiple dehumidifiers and put them at different corners of your house.
Are dehumidifiers quiet?
Although most dehumidifiers are not as noisy as a portable air conditioner, they might emit some sounds rated approximately 56 dB, which is similar to human speech.
Whether a device is too noisy or not is a subjective topic, so you can test different places to put your dehumidifiers in your bedrooms, living rooms, or anywhere else in your home to find out the ideal positions.
What differentiates a dehumidifier with a pump and one without a pump?
A built-in pump is optional yet adds incredibly more convenience. It can drain the water container automatically via a pipe connected to the drain system (e.g., water is drained to the garden hose or a sink, so on).
If your dehumidifier offers no pump, you need to empty the water tank manually.
Of course, a dehumidifier with a pump is more pricey but more helpful in cases when you do not have time to drain water, the water container is weighty or bulky, or the device is hard to reach like ones hung on a crawl space or an attic.
How wide is the area that a 70-pint dehumidifier can take effect on?
Normally, a 70-pint dehumidifier can have impacts on a space of from 650 to 1600 square feet, which is also determined by the area’s conditions.
In other words, a 70-pint dehumidifier may be able to dehumidify an only 650-square-foot space in ultra dampness but up to a 1600-square-foot area in low humidity.
How do dehumidifiers work?
The majority of dehumidifiers use an internal compressor and fan to pull the damp air via their inputs.
The air then flows across cold coils to condense the steam into a container. Finally, dry air is released back to the outside space.
What is the ideal humidity setting?
The optimal humidity level for any space should be between 30 and 50%. However, it should be higher in hot weather and vice versa.
If the dampness level in your home exceeds 50%, mold and mildew are likely to show up. However, too dry is quite uncomfortable and may cause chapped skin.
What is the coldest temperature a dehumidifier can be active in?
Almost every residential dehumidifying equipment can function in from 41 to 44 degrees F temperatures.
Meanwhile, desiccant models used in industries can even work in subzero temperatures.
Because of the differences among each device, you had better examine the specifications to find out the particular operative temperatures.
Where should I place my dehumidifier?
Where you put your dehumidifier is very important because the wrong position can ruin all of its efforts. Here we will guide you on how to place your dehumidifiers properly.
- Enable air circulation around your dehumidifiers so that the devices can perform better.Numerous models can be attached to the wall if they feature an air discharge mounted on the top. But if your dehumidifying appliances do not have that, never put it against the wall or furniture but give it a lot of space around instead.You should leave a space of at least 7 to 13 inches around all sides of the equipment for airflow.
- If you have a hose to drain water from the container, fix it in a tub or a sink.Besides, periodically inspect to ensure the hose is still in position and drains rightly into the tub or sink. (You can use twine to keep the tube in place.)Never leave the hose near electrical cords or outlets if you don’t want to get an electric shock.The tube should be as short as possible because a long tube is cumbersome and may make people stumble.
- Keep your equipment far from dirt and dust sources like woodworking machines, or else debris will accumulate inside and hinder the function of your dehumidifier.
- It is unquestionable that your dehumidifiers should be put in the dampest places such as laundry rooms, bathrooms, or basements.While your boat is moored to a dock, you can use a dehumidifier to reduce the high humidity on it, too.
- Except for whole-house models, other types of dehumidifiers should be only used in one room with all means of ventilation blocked (doors and windows closed,…).Although a dehumidifier can be set up between two rooms, it has to work harder but is less effective.
- Whether your moisture removing equipment is wall-mounted or mobile, try to place it as near the center of the room as possible.
- You can incorporate the dehumidifier into your HVAC system. Compatible models are typically huge ones like a Santa Fe Dehumidifier, which is specifically designed to connect with your HVAC system.The installation process may involve a ducting set and some other accessories. And it is quite tricky, so the chances are that you would need the help of a mechanic to integrate a dehumidifier with your HVAC system.
Well done, buddies!
We know that it is quite a long article, but you have spent time reading our in-depth maintenance and buying guide as well as FAQs and reviews.
Now you must have got plenty of useful information about the top 12 best dehumidifiers, how to pick, use, and maintain your dehumidifiers properly.
Hopefully, this long post has covered what you were looking for. So, if you find our article helpful, share it with everybody.
And if you find something wrong or missing there, please comment below or send us an e-mail.
Anyway, thanks for reading!